With GotIt! the person using Mindings can let the sender of a picture or message know that it’s been received.
GotIt! works across different kinds of content – pictures, text messages (“Text-O-Grams“) and Facebook. It works in different ways and does different things, but the point is that all the user needs to know is that by touching the GotIt! icon on the bottom right of the screen (or pressing the Space Bar if they’re using Mindings on a computer) they’re letting the sender know they’ve seen the picture or message.
So, what does GotIt! actually do when the user touches the icon?
- If you sent an SMS text message to Mindings, GotIt! send you a text message back
- If you sent a picture via email, GotIt! send you an email back to the same address
- If you sent a picture via MMS, GotIt! send you a text message back to the same phone number
and if you have Mindings connected to the users Facebook account
- If a Facebook picture is displayed, GotIt! “Likes” the picture on the senders Facebook account
- If a Facebook Status is displayed, GotIt! “Likes” the Status on the senders Facebook account
And if that wasn’t enough, we’ve added two additional features.
- We’ve made GotIt! optional
- We’ve added the option for Text-O-Grams to “pause” Mindings.
We’ve found that by making Text-O-Grams pause Mindings, the user is more likely to notice the message and respond (motivated by wanting to see pictures of their family again!). Once the user acknowledges the Text-O-Gram Mindings continues.
So, go to the “General Settings” tab in the Mindings Admin Site and try it out!
The Mindings Team